Virtual Surgery Intelligence
for Dental Medicine
- Improved, more precise orientation for implant insertion
- Rapid, simple detection of bone density
- Display bone structures in true 3D and observe from all angles
- Fast and safe operation planning
- Highest diagnostic accuracy
- Future-proof thanks to regular updates and upgrades
- Automatic upload of OPG/PTI, CT and SLT scans to the HoloLens headset
- Free spatial positioning of the uploaded files
- 3D observation of the CT and SLT images in the mixed reality world
- Rendering of bone structures from all CT formats
- Virtual layering of SLT and CT scans with the patient’s jaw for precise insertion of implants (virtual measurement)
- Rendering: Coloured SLT for better precision and orientation
About VSI Dental Medicine
Virtual Surgery Intelligence (VSI) for dentistry applications permits the observation of OPG/PTI, CT and SLT scans in Microsoft’s HoloLens headset. The user’s actual surroundings remain visible throughout, as images are projected into the user’s field of vision and can be repositioned spatially at will.
Using a laptop, orthopantomograms (OPGs) and panoramic tomographic images (PTIs) are easily loaded into VSI for viewing. The two-dimensional scan can be positioned within the dentist’s field of vision as required. The dentist can move around in relation to the image, viewing it from all angles.
3D SLT model data records – produced in advance with a 3D scanner – can be loaded into VSI with just a couple of clicks. VSI and the mixed-reality headset make it possible to display the SLT files as a compiled image of the jaw in its true three-dimensional form. The representation can be rotated, relocated, reduced and expanded.
We are working tirelessly on the rendering of SLT files. This rendering will reveal the natural, photorealistic colour and make all the details of the scans (such as tooth decay) visible.
Computer tomography (CT) images constitute multi-layer scans that can also be displayed in the true three-dimensional form in Virtual Surgery Intelligence (VSI). The dentist can glide through each of the layers, observe all structures from every angle, and inspect bone density prior to inserting implants. To ensure maximum precision, VSI identifies the patient and virtually overlaps the CT imaging onto them. This allows precise recognition of how the structures are manifested.
The key highlight is the virtual placement of 3D SLT or CT scans onto the patient. The scans combine with the jaw, allowing the surgeon to precisely identify where each implant needs to be inserted.
VSI for Dental Medicine Menu
- Fast upload: 1-click upload any data of CT, MRI, OPG/PTI and SLT
- Fully automated upload from your own Laptop through VSI Manager
- Central control of VSI Traumatology by using VSI Manager
- Full integration into the hospital system
See just how easy it is to upload MRI and CT data from your computer to the HoloLens headset in the mixed-reality world:
Medical Advisory Board / Testimonial
Uncomplicated and simple: we will install VSI in your clinic for you. All data remains on-site, and you have full round-the-clock access.
Using the VSI Manager, you are able to upload all MRI and CT scans at the click of a button and synchronise them with your headset.