Virtual Surgery Intelligence
for Dental Medicine
- Improved, more precise orientation for implant insertion
- More rapid, simple detection of bone density
- Display bone structures in true 3D and observe from all various angles
- Fast and safe operation planning
- Highest diagnostic accuracy
- Future-proof thanks to regular updates and upgrades
- Automatic upload of OPG/PTI, CBCT, CT and STL scans to the HoloLens headset
- Free spatial positioning of the uploaded files
- 3D observation of the CBCT, CT and STL images in the mixed reality world
- Rendering of bone structures from various CBCT and CT formats
- Virtual layering of STL and CT scans with the patient’s jaw for precise insertion of implants (virtual measurement)
- Rendering: Coloured STL for better precision and orientation
About VSI Dental Medicine
Virtual Surgery Intelligence (VSI) for dentistry applications permits the observation of OPG/PTI, CT, CBCT and STL scans in Microsoft’s HoloLens headset. The user’s actual surroundings remain visible throughout, as images are projected into the user’s field of vision and can be repositioned spatially at will.
Using a laptop, orthopantomograms (OPGs) and panoramic tomographic images (PTIs) are easily loaded into VSI for viewing. The two-dimensional scan can be positioned within the dentist’s field of vision as required. The dentist can move around in relation to the image, viewing it from all angles.
3D STL model data records – produced in advance with a 3D scanner – can be loaded into VSI with just a couple of clicks. VSI and the mixed-reality headset make it possible to display the STL files as a compiled image of the jaw in its true three-dimensional form. The representation can be rotated, relocated, reduced and expanded.
We are working tirelessly on the rendering of STL files. This rendering will reveal the natural, photorealistic colour and make all the details of the scans (such as tooth decay) visible.
Computer tomography (CT) images constitute multi-layer scans that can also be displayed in the true three-dimensional form in Virtual Surgery Intelligence (VSI). The dentist can glide through each of the layers, observe all structures from every angle, and inspect bone density prior to inserting implants. To ensure maximum precision, VSI identifies the patient and virtually overlaps the CT imaging onto them. This allows precise recognition of how the structures are manifested.
The key highlight is the virtual placement of 3D STL, DVT or CT scans onto the patient. The scans combine with the jaw, allowing the surgeon to precisely identify where each implant needs to be inserted.
- Fast upload: 1-click upload any data of CT, MRI, OPG/PTI and STL
- Fully automated upload from your own Laptop through VSI Manager
- Central control of VSI Traumatology by using VSI Manager
- Full integration into the hospital system
Medical Advisory Board / Testimonial
The development of VSI Dental Medicine is determined and significantly shaped by practicing dentists. It is a product designed by dentists for dentists to make everyday work easier and safer for patients.
Would you like functions that we have not yet implemented but which would be very helpful to you and other dentists? Contact us and become a member of the Medical Advisory Board of VSI Dental Medicine. More Information you will find here.